Crowds turn out to celebrate Ipswich Music Day
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Music Day drew huge crowds to Christchurch Park, with long queues to get in outside the gates.
The length of the queues was partly because of security, with bags being checked, but also showed the scale of demand to hear local bands and singers at the hugely popular free festival.
People were taking to social media to express their enthusiasm about the event - and also the weather, which was pleasant without being too hot for the start of the afternoon.
Nick Shore said on Twitter: "Lovely weather for Ipswich Music Day in Christchurch Park." But another Twitter user, Katie B, tweeted: "Come on sunshine!"
Angel Rubia tweeted: "Having a great time at Ipswich Music Day - I love music festivals!"
You may also want to watch:
The largest music event in the country, Music Day has six stages of live entertainment and music from a diverse range of home-grown musical talent, from experienced performers to upcoming artists.
Street food, fairground rides and a marketplace were all adding to the atmosphere.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 3 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 4 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 7 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 8 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 9 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
- 10 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores