FILM Suffolk seeks funding for Halloween movie to be shot at Ipswich’s Great White Horse
- Credit: Archant
Film agency FILM Suffolk is looking for crowdfunding to put new ghost film up on the big screen in time for Halloween.
A Suffolk-based film-making co-operative, Film Suffolk, the team behind the highly successful feature film With Love From Suffolk, which was released for Valentine’s Day last year, is now seeking to shoot a spooky-chiller in time for Halloween.
They have the location all lined up, the historic Great White Horse Hotel in Ipswich town centre, and now all they need are the funds to allow the cameras to start rolling. The former coaching inn is a rabbit warren of odd-sized rooms, narrow staircases and winding corridors – the perfect environment for telling tales of suspense and the supernatural.
The Haunted Hotel, Film Suffolk’s latest movie, follows a similar format to their previous film in that within the feature film structure there are eight separate stories which are linked through their location.
The film also shares the same production team of Julien Mery and Matthew McGuchan and they have now been joined by Suffolk filmmaker Nick Woolgar, who had been one of the directors on With Love From Suffolk. Music for the film is being written by Matthew Sheeran who supplied the soundtrack for the Valentine’s movie.
You may also want to watch:
The trio say that the idea behind this latest film is to once again give an opportunity for East Anglian writers, actors and directors to demonstrate their talent along with skilled film crews looking after lighting, make-up, costume, continuity, set dressing and production design.
The Haunted Hotel Project is an entirely not-for-profit endeavour: Everyone working on the project, including the producers, are working as volunteers. Julian Mery said: “For this latest project, the FILM Suffolk team received 95 short film scripts from which a panel of readers selected eight.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 5 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 8 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
“Once we had our eight stories, each set in a different room and different time period, we went to find eight directors who could best bring these stories to life. We have a great mix of experienced directors and fresh talent and we can’t wait to get started.”
FILM Suffolk is aiming to raise £10,000 through crowdfunding and other investments. The money will be spent on filming, on props, costumes, set dressing and along with necessities like catering for our cast and crew, making the locations safe and insurance.
If you want to help East Anglian talent reach the big screen or find out more, you can visit the website www.haunted-hotel.co.uk