FILM Suffolk seeks funding for Halloween movie to be shot at Ipswich’s Great White Horse
- Credit: Archant
Film agency FILM Suffolk is looking for crowdfunding to put new ghost film up on the big screen in time for Halloween.
A Suffolk-based film-making co-operative, Film Suffolk, the team behind the highly successful feature film With Love From Suffolk, which was released for Valentine’s Day last year, is now seeking to shoot a spooky-chiller in time for Halloween.
They have the location all lined up, the historic Great White Horse Hotel in Ipswich town centre, and now all they need are the funds to allow the cameras to start rolling. The former coaching inn is a rabbit warren of odd-sized rooms, narrow staircases and winding corridors – the perfect environment for telling tales of suspense and the supernatural.
The Haunted Hotel, Film Suffolk’s latest movie, follows a similar format to their previous film in that within the feature film structure there are eight separate stories which are linked through their location.
The film also shares the same production team of Julien Mery and Matthew McGuchan and they have now been joined by Suffolk filmmaker Nick Woolgar, who had been one of the directors on With Love From Suffolk. Music for the film is being written by Matthew Sheeran who supplied the soundtrack for the Valentine’s movie.
The trio say that the idea behind this latest film is to once again give an opportunity for East Anglian writers, actors and directors to demonstrate their talent along with skilled film crews looking after lighting, make-up, costume, continuity, set dressing and production design.
The Haunted Hotel Project is an entirely not-for-profit endeavour: Everyone working on the project, including the producers, are working as volunteers. Julian Mery said: “For this latest project, the FILM Suffolk team received 95 short film scripts from which a panel of readers selected eight.
- 1 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 2 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 3 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 4 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 5 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 6 Four people charged as police find machete after brawl in Ipswich street
- 7 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 8 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 9 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 10 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
“Once we had our eight stories, each set in a different room and different time period, we went to find eight directors who could best bring these stories to life. We have a great mix of experienced directors and fresh talent and we can’t wait to get started.”
FILM Suffolk is aiming to raise £10,000 through crowdfunding and other investments. The money will be spent on filming, on props, costumes, set dressing and along with necessities like catering for our cast and crew, making the locations safe and insurance.
If you want to help East Anglian talent reach the big screen or find out more, you can visit the website www.haunted-hotel.co.uk