Final preparations underway for 1 Big Multicultural Festival this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The line-up for this weekend’s 1 Big Multicultural Festival has been finalised.
West London-based Bollywood performer Tasha Tah has been added to the programme alongside Suffolk singer songwriters Kelly Pritchard and Kev Walford.
The event, which takes place in Alexandra Park on Sunday, combines live music, dancing, street food, stalls and activities celebrating the cultures represented in Ipswich.
Other highlights lined up include a demonstration of the Kabaddi sport, funfair and five-a-side football tournament.
A spokesman from organisers the Bangladeshi Support Centre said: “This will be the sixth annual 1 Big Multicultural Festival and usually attracts around 8,000 people, young and old, and celebrates the diversity of Ipswich and indeed Suffolk.”
The free event is supported by the Arts Council and the festivities kick off from 12pm.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 5 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 6 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 10 Ipswich Witches announce two more signings for their 2022 team