Free activities at Ipswich Jazz Festival from June 23-25
- Credit: Archant
Organisers have promised a “great weekend” full of music, art, dance and film at Ipswich’s second Jazz Festival.
The event, which last ran in 2015, will return from June 23-25 at venues across the town.
The Back to Basie orchestra, which has been voted best British Big Band at the British Jazz Awards six times, is among the star performers, joining many local artists.
The festival is being sponsored by Kerseys Solicitors, along with Ipswich Borough Council, Arts Council England, Ipswich Town and Waterfront and ColourPlan Print.
Many of the activities are free.
Organiser Neil Bateman said: “It should be a great weekend, with a range of activities and different styles of jazz. There should be something for everybody.
“We are not a commercial venture, but a community activity. For this reason, the support from local businesses and organisations has been invaluable and we are extremely grateful.”
For a programme of events, see here.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman