Gallery: Please, can we have some more of Oliver at Ipswich High School for Girls?
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich High School for Girls’ production of Oliver left audiences wanting more.
The cast, chorus and crew of more than 200 11-18 year olds got their first thumbs up from year five and six pupils from Chelmondiston Primary School at Tuesday’s dress rehearsal, when they were invited to join Ipswich High Junior School pupils in the auditorium.
Rehearsals for Lionel Bart’s well-known musical started back in September.
Erica Belton, 17, who played Mr Brownlow and Martha Burke, 17, cast as Nancy, were instrumental in choosing the family favourite as the senior school production.
“Oliver! is my favourite musical. It’s lively and energetic and I’m so pleased the school invited us to choose it. Huge numbers of people of all ages can be involved and the stage is shared by several main characters, rather than being dominated by just one or two,” said Erica.
You may also want to watch:
“The musical also allowed us to include all of our year seven pupils as Fagin’s boys – a fabulous experience for young actors to take part in a production on such a large scale.”
Students are now gearing up for an al fresco, immersive production of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass in July to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Lewis Carol’s iconic tale.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich