Holywells Creatives exhibition launched at Arlingtons
The Holywells Creatives art collective are launching a new exhibition this evening at Arlingtons, for its first event in a packed 2016.
The group was set up last year to coincide with the re-opening of Holywells Park, and combines art students at UCS with other talented artists in Ipswich.
Now, beginning with a launch event from 6pm this evening, the collective’s latest work will be on display and for sale until February 21.
Artist Peta Hillier, 61, said: “We have got a huge variety, and so many up and coming artists, and we now aim to have two or three major exhibitions each year.”
The group took part in last weekend’s Cold Fair at Holywells Park, and have launched a website detailing upcoming projects and commissions.
You may also want to watch:
Already the group has garnered interest and prides itself also on giving an opportunity for UCS students to continue develop their work.
Michelle Bowden, 34, who is also exhibiting added: “It’s picked up a different pace. We have got exhibitions upcoming in the Town Hall, and I think there are going to be more opportunities for collaborations.
To find out more, visit www.holywellscreatives.moonfruit.com.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions