Injury forces Sleeping Beauty panto cast to postpone tomorrow’s visit to Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
The cast of this year’s Ipswich Regent panto have had to postpone Thursday’s visit to town after star Sheila Ferguson suffered an injury and can’t travel.
The singer, who rose to fame as one of The Three Degrees, plays the Wicked Fairy in Enchanted Entertainment’s Sleeping Beauty, which runs from December 17-January 2.
A spokesman for the theatre said: “We’re sorry Sheila has injured her knee but we wish her a speedy recovery. Her agent says she is likely to be up and about in a couple of week so, as they say, the show will go on.”
The rest of the cast includes Any Dream Will Do runner-up Keith Jack and comedian Mike “Squeaky” McClean.
Producer Guy Pascall said everyone is looking forward to a special Regent Christmas.
“For this year’s show we’ve been working on a breathtaking 3D projection sequence to add some extra magic to an already dazzling panto. Audiences are also in for a real treat.”
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 5 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 6 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 7 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 10 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary