Ipswich pop-up artists’ shop to close its doors.
- Credit: Archant
There isn’t long before the artists’ pop-shop in Ipswich’s Tower Ramparts closes its doors.
Part of the Ipswich ReCreate project, it was launched by Ipswich Borough Council last June in partnership with the Eastern Enterprise Hub, I Make Fun Stuff and the shopping centre.
The aim was to give local artists a platform to sell and showcase their work while also stimulating the start up of retail businesses in the town centre. It also offered retail experience for volunteers and workshops to support creative start-ups.
Kim Trotter, EEHub learning manager and Ipswich ReCreate representative, said: “The pop-up shop has helped to enhance Ipswich’s retail offer and has been a great place for local creatives to sell to local people.
“It’s lovely to see diverse businesses working together to provide something different and exciting to boost the shopping centre and the town.”
Cathy Frost, of I Make Fun Stuff and worked on the project with Jess Broad and Chris Plowman, said the shop made quite an impact in Ipswich – something they would love to carry on with in the future.
“We’ll temporarily pop-up in my own shop, Loveone, which will act as a base for creatives to gather and connect. In the future we’d love to open another shop and we’d like it to be on the high street.”
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 5 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 6 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 7 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 8 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 9 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
The pop-up shop in Tower Ramparts closes on Saturday, March 28.