Joanna Lumley, Ipswich Regent review: “A fabulous evening, darling”
- Credit: Archant
Joanna Lumley jogged onto the stage at the Regent last night exuding boundless energy and looking fabulous in sparkly trainers.
Joanna’s first one woman show, It’s All About Me, begins with her describing her career, from a failed audition for RADA right through to Ab Fab.
She recalls the spirit of the swinging sixties when she started out as a model.
She was taught how to catalogue model, ‘there was a lot of smiling holding fruit’ and how to get out of a car; ‘not like Markle,’ she laughs.
She races through anecdotes about working on the Avengers, where she did many of her own stunts, including being flown around Oxfordshire holding on to a helicopter ladder.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half she answers questions from the audience – many of whom would love to know how she stays looking so youthful at 72 (she swears by Astral moisturiser).
It’s Joanna’s spirit that keeps her youthful too. Her obvious lust for life, for adventure, for laughter.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
Her warmth and wit is engaging and you can’t help but smile and laugh along with her. A fabulous evening, darling.