Pop duo Erasure reveal 2018 Ipswich Regent gig
- Credit: Archant
Erasure head to the Ipswich Regent next year.
The BRIT and Ivor Novello winning pop duo Andy Bell and Vince Clarke will perform on February 14.
The news comes as prepare to unveil the Clarke remix of Love You To The Sky on June 2. The original version features on their 17th studio album World Be Gone, which went into the UK Official Albums Chart at number six and is their highest new entry in the album chart since 1994’s I Say I Say I Say.
The follow-up to 2014’s The Violet Flame, and following the band’s recent 30th anniversary celebrations, it sees them in a reflective mood.
Clarke said: “Obviously the current political climate lends itself to lots of ideas” with Bell adding: “I think there’s an underswell of opinion and people are slowly waking up. I’m hoping people will take the album in a positive way, that they’ll use it as optimistic rabble-rousing music.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair have had five UK number ones and 17 top 10 singles with 35 singles charting in the UK Top 40.
The Love You To The Sky EP also includes mixes by Ladytron, Loframes, Adam Turner and Matt Pop as well as a previously unreleased B-side Nothing I Could Say. See the trailer for the new album here.
Tour tickets go on sale June 2. Click here for more details. They’re also playing Norwich UEA February 22.
It follows the news that Marc Almond and OMD will play Ipswich later this year.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich