Red Rose Chain sets sail for Treasure Island this Christmas
- Credit: Bill Jackson
Red Rose Chain has announced a new online production to entertain audiences this Christmas.
Artistic director Joanna Carrick is planning a new, specially filmed, version of that classic pirate adventure Treasure Island to be streamed from December 17.
Jo said: “Faced with the unexpected absence of the actors, set, costumes and props, Gideon the intern and Mandy from accounts must pull off the impossible and bring the story of Treasure Island to life for the audience!
“Mischief, mayhem, and mutiny ensue as we follow the young cabin boy Jim Hawkins and the mysterious Long John Silver on an adventure to find treasure across the seven seas.
"Audiences might remember Red Rose Chain’s 'splendidly bonkers' (The Reviews Hub) production of Treasure Island back in 2016 and this new online show, specially filmed at The Avenue Theatre for everyone to enjoy from home, promises to be even funnier and filled with brand new action, songs, and a few special surprises.”
She added that Treasure Island will also be available for special streaming performances in schools and residential homes. For more information on this service email firstname.lastname@example.org.
She said: “Our magical digital production of Alice in Wonderland last year was so well received that we decided that we wanted to return to the format this year. The more we work with this technology the more we learn and the more ambitious and exciting we can become. Treasure Island is going to be amazing.”
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 10 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
Tickets to stream online start at a donation of £10. Treasure Island is raising vital funds to support their inclusive community programme which provides creative and social opportunities at The Avenue Theatre for young people and adults with disabilities and mental health diagnoses.
Treasure Island runs until January 3, 2022. Tickets can be booked online at the Red Rose Chain website