Review: Vampire Rock, Ipswich Regent, October 31
You don’t have to be a fan of Trick or Treat to look forward to Halloween in Ipswich – fans of classic rock get their fix of Vampires Rock at this time of the year.
This is a show put together by Meatloaf sound-alike Steve Steinman 10 years ago – and which tours the country at this time of the year.
With belting classic rock songs by the likes of AC/DC, Rainbow, Bonnie Tyler, Suzi Quatro and – of course – Meatloaf, this is like one of those “Dad Rock” CDs for the car come to life!
And wrapped up with a totally over-the-top storyline, make-up, and loud, loud amplifiers this is an annual event that brings Suffolk’s rockers flocking to the Regent.
The show has evolved over the years and there have been a few cast changes – but Steinman is still there belting out the classics and pulling all the strings.
You may also want to watch:
It’s more than a bit of guilty pleasure. It’s not exactly cutting-edge music, but who cares. Where else can grown-ups sing along lustily to a live version of Highway to Hell?
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox