Such devoted Sisters! Talented young performers wow audience in hit musical Sister Act
- Credit: Joe Taylor
Smash-hit musical Sister Act was the “best-selling show ever” at an Ipswich sixth form college.
Students from One Sixth Form College performed the show, a stage musical adapted from a film starring Whoopi Goldberg, in front of more than 1,100 people over four nights.
Director of curriculum Lois Hinsley said: "The show went down a storm and we've had some amazing feedback from the audience.
"Some people were saying that Avril Maponga, who played the main character called Delores, is good enough to perform in the West End and Saranna Parlone, who played Mother Superior, also received rave reviews. All students involved in the production were amazing and they should feel proud of all they achieved."
"Overall it was a real team effort and this has been our best-selling show ever. Thanks to everyone who helped make the show such a success, and to all those who came to see it."
The performance followed on from a successful version of the musical Chicago a year ago.
Next up for One students will be an evening of dance on March 18, followed by a spring concert on April 1.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 8 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 9 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 10 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich