5 places where you can see fireworks in Suffolk for the Queen's Jubilee
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
Make sure your Platinum Jubilee celebrations go off with a bang with these places in Suffolk holding fireworks displays.
Christchurch Mansion, Ipswich
On Thursday, June 2 Ipswich Borough Council will be hosting a fireworks display on the lawn at Christchurch Mansion.
Gates to the event will open at 6.30pm before the national anthem is played at 7pm, with a few words of address from the Mayor followed by the lighting of the beacon at 9.45pm.
The fireworks display will close the festival a few minutes before 10pm.
Mildenhall Jubilee Fields
Mildenhall High Town Council will also be participating in the nationwide beacon lighting to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee on Thursday, June 2 on the Jubilee Fields.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 3 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 5 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 9 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 10 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
There will also be choirs from local schools singing the national anthem, refreshments and a funfair before the fireworks display at 9.45pm.
A fireworks display will be taking place on Haughley Village Green at about 10pm on Saturday, June 4.
A Torchlit Procession will start at Cock Corner at 9.30pm and will make their way up Old Street at 9.45pm to the Village Green.
Following the National Anthem at 10pm, a Fireworks Display accompanied by Music will take place.
There will be a bonfire and fireworks display on Thursday, June 2 at Rendham Park in Bruisyard Road, Saxmundham to celebrate the Queen's jubilee.
There will also be a BBQ and games taking place in the lead up to the fireworks in the evening.
A family picnic at Kessingland Sports and Social Club family picnic will take place from noon to 4pm on Sunday, June 5 before a firework display on the beach at Kessingland at 10pm.