Trianon brings the musicals to Ipswich Corn Exchange in September
- Credit: Archant
The music of Rodgers and Hammerstein will be the centrepiece of the next Trianon concert at Ipswich Corn Exchange in September.
The recent BBC Prom that featured Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Oklahoma! served as a reminder that the show-writing duo are central to the history of musical theatre.
It was semi-staged and has proved to be one of the highlights of this year’s Prom season in the Royal Albert Hall.
Trianon Music group has already held a Come and Sing Rodgers and Hammerstein workshop and they conclude their 16 September concert with a medley of show-stopping tunes from South Pacific, a musical set in the middle of the Second World War.
Also featured in Trianon’s Ipswich Corn Exchange concert is another medley from Bernstein’s West Side Story.
The performance starts at 7.30pm with busking in the Corn Exchange from 6.40pm in aid of the Mayor of Ipswich’s charities. Tickets are on sale from Ipswich Entertainments (01473 433100) and the Trianon Ticketline (01394 283170).
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault