Who will support Ed Sheeran at his 2019 Ipswich shows?
- Credit: PA
With Ed Sheeran set to play three dates in Ipswich, fans now want to know who will be joining him as his support acts, and have been offering their suggestions on Twitter,
Ed has three shows at Chantry Park, Ipswich in the summer of 2019 - on August 23, 24 and 25.
Tickets went on sale yesterday at 10am, with the Saturday night performance selling out in 30 minutes.
On Twitter, fans were speculating that Anne Marie could support the Suffolk singer as the two are reported to be close friends,
A former Brit Award Critics Choice winner, Anne Marie has also had hits such as Alarm, Ciao Adios and, most recently 2002.
The performer could be an early favourite to join Ed on stage at Chantry Park, as she has previously supported him on his 2018 tour, and is currently part of his USA tour.
Snow Patrol have also been talked up as a possible support act. The popular Irish alt-rock band are currently touring alongside Ed and Anne Marie on the US tour. With a new studio album released earlier in 2018, the band would have plenty of material to perform in Suffolk.
- 1 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 6 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 7 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 8 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
Speculation has also linked American singer Lauv with a supporting slot at the Chantry park shows.
The American artist has also been part of Ed Sheerans current USA tour, and is know for the hit single “I like me better.”
He also co-wrote and produced the song “No Promises” for Cheat Codes and Demi Lovato.
However this is just speculation currently, as Ed is yet top announce who will be opening for him during his 2019 tour. Who would you like to see open for Ed in Ipswich? Take our poll below.