One week on from the fatal stabbing in Ipswich town centre, we have established a current timeline of the events, covering everything you need to know about the incident.

On Tuesday, January 24, two teenagers appeared in court charged with the murder of Raymond James Quigley and his family released a tribute.

Here is a timeline of everything that has happened since Tuesday, January 17.

January 17, 3.35pm

Emergency services were called to reports that a man had been seriously assaulted in Westgate Street in Ipswich town centre.

A large cordon was put in place and the air ambulance was spotted in the area.

January 17, 4.59pm

A Section 60 order came into force in Ipswich, granting police additional stop and search powers for a 24-hour period.

Ipswich Star: Emergency services respond to the incident on January 18Emergency services respond to the incident on January 18 (Image: Newsquest)

January 17, 11.45pm

Suffolk police announced that an 18-year-old had died after being stabbed.

January 18, 9am

The cordon remained in place in Westgate Street following the stabbing.

January 18, 10.30am

Community leaders such as Ipswich MP Tom Hunt began to express their sympathies after the stabbing.

Councillor Sam Murray, of the Castle Hill ward, said: "No one should have to bury their child".

January 18, 10.45am

Forensics officers were pictured at the scene of the incident.

Ipswich Star: Forensics officers in Westgate StreetForensics officers in Westgate Street (Image: Charlotte Bond, Newsquest)

January 18, 1.55pm

The Westgate Street cordon was reduced and shops that had been shut began to reopen.

Ipswich Star: The reduced cordon on Wednesday afternoonThe reduced cordon on Wednesday afternoon (Image: Newsquest)

January 19, 11.30am

Suffolk police revealed that the victim was an 18-year-old from Norfolk.

The Section 60 order had also been extended as police continued their investigation.

January 20, 4.45pm

Raymond James Quigley, from Wymondham, was named as the victim of the attack.

Ipswich Star: Raymond James QuigleyRaymond James Quigley (Image: Suffolk Constabulary)

A post-mortem examination revealed he died of four stab wounds to the torso.

January 21, 7.30pm

Suffolk police issued an update to state that two teenagers, aged 17 and 18, had been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.

January 22, 7pm

Detectives investigating the death of Raymond James Quigley were granted more time to interview two suspects.

Suffolk Magistrates' Court gave police an additional 36 hours to question the teenagers.

January 23, 10.15pm

Two teenagers were charged with murder.

Suffolk police confirmed Alfie Hammett, 18 and of Rushmere St Andrew, had been charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.

A 17-year-old boy from Ipswich, who could not be named for legal reasons, has also been charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.

January 24, 1pm

The two teenagers appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich.

Both wearing grey tracksuits, they spoke only to confirm their personal details.

Ipswich Star: The pair appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' CourtThe pair appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court (Image: Sarah Lucy Brown)

No applications for bail were made and both defendants were remanded to appear before Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday, January 25.

Hammett was remanded in custody while the 17-year-old was remanded to youth detention accommodation.

January 24, 3.30pm

Shortly after 3.30pm, St Mary-Le-Tower and St Mary at the Elms rang the bells 18 times in tribute to Raymond James Quigley, exactly seven days on from the teenager's death.

January 24, 4pm

Speaking to this newspaper, the victim's sister Kathleen, 32, said: "He died on the scene in Ipswich." 

"This has left pain in everyone's hearts and traumatised many, especially my mother, brother, his dad, myself, his nephew and nieces.

"Our family will never be the same without him.

"He shone as bright as any star."

A GoFundMe page was set up to cover funeral costs.