Two teenagers who were arrested on suspicion of the murder of Raymond James Quigley in Ipswich town centre have had their bail extended.

The 18-year-old - known as James - was stabbed in Westgate Street on January 17 this year after being approached by two other males.

He died at the scene after suffering four stab wounds to the abdomen.

Alfie Hammett, of Larkhill Rise, Rushmere St Andrew, and Joshua Howell, of Wellington Street, Ipswich were charged with murder two days later and kept on remand in youth detention ahead of a December 11 trial.

Ipswich Star:

But on June 20, police also arrested an 18-year-old man from Norwich and a 16-year-old boy from the Fenland area of Cambridgeshire on suspicion of murder.

The unnamed pair were both taken into police custody for questioning and released on bail until September, pending further enquiries.

Suffolk police have now confirmed the two teens' bail has since been extended.

Ipswich Star: Raymond James Quigley, 18, from WymondhamRaymond James Quigley, 18, from Wymondham (Image: Suffolk Constabulary)

A spokesman said: "Both teenagers remain on bail. There are currently no charges."

Police also confirmed the trial of Hammett and Howell - both 18 years old - is still scheduled for December 11.

Ipswich Star: Police confirmed two teenagers, one from Norwich, who were arrested in June have had their bail extendedPolice confirmed two teenagers, one from Norwich, who were arrested in June have had their bail extended (Image: Newsquest)

Mr Quigley's family paid tribute to their son following his death, saying he "shone as bright as any star".

His sister Kathleen said: "This has left pain in everyone's hearts and traumatised many, especially my mother, brother, his dad, myself his nephew and nieces.

"Our family will never be the same without him. He shone as bright as any star."

A post-mortem examination carried out by a Home Office pathologist revealed that Mr Quigley had suffered four stab wounds to his torso.

A week after the attack, bells at two Ipswich churches tolled as a mark of respect, while the attack prompted calls for increased CCTV coverage for the town