Hollywood vintage! Traci keeps 34-year-old bubbly from former nightclub
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
It is a throwback to a fun night out on the town more than three decades ago, but for one Ipswich woman it is a keepsake worth a place on the drinks shelf.
Traci Smith is the proud owner of the bottle of bubbly, which is around 34 years old, having won it during a competition at the former Hollywood nightclub.
It was that year that Traci took home the bottle after going to the club with a friend.
“I took part in a competition. I remember ending up on the stage. I won a bottle of champagne, drink and a hat from the Dreamboys,” she said.
Never opened, the bottle of bubbly has been at her parents' for more than 30 years and rediscovered when they were clearing the house.
After finding the bottle and the award from that night Traci now keeps the Hollywood bottle with other drinks that she has received as gifts over the years.
The Ipswich resident said: “I don’t think it would taste very good. I’m sure it would taste even worse now than it did back in the day.”
Events held at Hollywood’s, as it was known, ranged from a children’s Christmas party in 1988 to a carnival queen pageant in 1989.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 6 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 7 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 8 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
- 10 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
The club was given a makeover in the 1990s, when its name was changed to Kartouche, and then in 2003 changed its identity again, to Zest. It is now The Maltings office complex.