Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A 19-year-old man has been left with life-changing injuries following a stabbing at Cardinal Park in Ipswich.
Officers were called to the retail park at about 3.05am on Friday to a report of a serious assault after an incident of disorder involving a small number of males.
He was taken to hospital for treatment after receiving a stab wound to the abdomen and is in a stable condition. His injuries are considered life-changing but not life-threatening at this stage.
Officers are continuing their enquiries but at this stage it is believed to have been an incident where the parties are known to each other.
The area is cordoned off and members of the public are asked to avoid the area at the moment.
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact Ipswich CID on 101 quoting crime number 37/41536/21.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 3 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 4 'Microshop' selling only American candy opens in Ipswich
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements
- 7 Criminals confess to nearly 400 offences thanks to specialist police unit
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 10 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected