'You lot are amazing' - messages of support to Ipswich shop after break-in
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
The owners of a popular board game shop have received "hundreds of messages" of support after thieves smashed a front window.
Geek Retreat, in Upper Brook Street, had its shop window smashed at about 1.55am on Wednesday.
Suffolk police has confirmed it is investigating the incident.
But the response from the community has been the biggest takeaway for Geek Retreat team, who are focusing on the positives.
Messages to the business on its boarded up window included "love will win, hate will lose" and "we stand strong together, love the geek community".
Another message written on the board says: "You lot are amazing."
Geek Retreat is run by Sharon Lockhart and Rob Harden and has become a popular space for people of all ages in the town centre.
The team posted about the damage to its store on Facebook on Wednesday morning.
The post said: "Unfortunately we had a break in last night.
- 1 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 6 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 7 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 8 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 9 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 10 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
"We WILL be open as normal at 10am. Police were on scene quickly and we have good footage.
"Please be aware that there is broken glass and we cannot tamper with it until forensics have been.
"We have spent three hours cleaning all the play area and all toys have been hand cleaned then sanitised.
"Big thank you Gary, Wookie and Declan for coming out to help at 2am.
"It's OK to feel angry or sad but the best thing everyone can do is Stop In and Geek Out and keep enjoying the café.
"No one was hurt (other than the person who smashed the window!) which is the main thing.
"Please inform us if anyone tries to sell Ghost of the Past 2 or if you see any listings for cards/boxes."
After opening the team sent a message of thanks to the community.
They said: "Thank you for the hundreds of messages of love and support! We love you all right back! We focus on the positives and one person will not spoil our safe friendly café."