Ipswich: Police car smashes into side of house
- Credit: Archant
A mother has spoken of her shock after a police car ploughed into her Ipswich house in the early hours of this morning.
Karen Stacey, of Downside Close, was woken up by a loud bang just after 5am today and when she looked out the window, discovered a police vehicle had smashed into her porch.
Police had been attending another incident in the street when the accident happened. The events surrounding the crash are still being investigated.
Miss Stacey, 35, said: “I was in bed and the next minute I heard a loud bang, like a bomb. I saw a police car had gone into the side of my house.
“I was in shock.”
You may also want to watch:
The mum of three, who has lived in the housing association-owned property for seven years, said: “It’s lucky my children weren’t here at the time.
“I haven’t been able to see the full damage of it yet as they are still investigating it. I think the police were more annoyed about it than me.”
- 1 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 2 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 5 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 6 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 7 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 8 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 9 New Starbucks coffee shop planned for Ipswich town centre
- 10 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said: “Shortly after 5am this morning, an unoccupied marked Suffolk police car attending an incident caused damage to the porch area of a property in Downside Close.
“No-one was injured as a result and the circumstances surrounding the collision are currently being investigated.”