Surprise over actual pig gone wild in Newbury Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Motorists in Ipswich got more than they bargained for in Britannia Road and Newbury Road this evening, as a real live pig went wild after escaping from its home.
Pog the pet porker proved that pigs can fly when she made a dash from her home in The Driftway around 7.15pm last night and onto the surrounding roads.
Sharon Wootten, 44, who had been delivering Avon catalogues at the time, said: “I thought, I am sure I can see a pig and stopped and realised it was a pig!
“I got chatting to the lady who owned it, and just somehow it had escaped.
“She is friendly, but quite strong!”
You may also want to watch:
But her ham-fisted attempt to escape was undone when she finally was led back to her home.
Pog previously enjoyed the limelight after being seen snoozing in pictures posted online by estate agents Connells when the house was for sale in September 2014.
The free roaming hog’s escape comes as the last chance to complete the Pigs Gone Wild trail across Ipswich takes place tomorrow.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths