A star from The Undateables has described Ipswich as a ‘lovely place’
- Credit: MEGAN ALDOUS
Daniel Wakeford, who is a popular contestant on the Channel 4 show, has spent the afternoon performing for children ahead of gig.
The 30 year old will take to the stage at The Smokehouse venue on South Street to play at his sold-out show this evening.
It is the first time Daniel has visited Ipswich and despite it being a brisk visit it has left a good impression.
He said: “It is a very lovely place. I am really really looking forward to performing here tonight.”
Daniel’s band mate Gareth Evans, who plays the guitar, added that they hope they can return soon.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show sold out in just 60 minutes resulting in organisers being keen for a second date.
Joe Bailey, director of The Smokehouse, spoke to us after the quick sell: “We would love to have him do a second date but we would look at holding it at a bigger venue to meet the demand of the public.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
Daniel and his band mates Gareth Evans and Lizzy Carey answered several questions from the youngsters who form iRock.
In particular the children were keen to know Daniel’s favourite food, his preferred music genre, and his top artists.
Daniel revealed: “It is all about burgers and chips in particular McDonald’s. My favourite type of music is pop songs, solos, love songs and rock songs. I like ABBA, Elvis Presley, Bucks Fizz, Westlife, David Bowie, Cliff Richard, and The Beatles.”
Once question time had finished iRock were treated to a seeing Daniel and his band in action.
Watch the performance for yourself on the video above.