More free family fun days at town parks and on the Waterfront
- Credit: Ipswich Borough Council
Families in Ipswich are being encouraged to get outside and enjoy free activities organised by Ipswich Borough Council during the school holidays.
On Friday, August 6, mums, dads, and children flocked to Bourne Park for a free family fun day with many meeting a T-Rex which was stomping around the park and having a try at rock climbing.
However it's not too late for families that missed out, the summer fun continues at Holywells Park on Wednesday, August 11 and Whitehouse Park on Thursday, August 12.
The final family fun day will take place nearer the end of the summer holidays at Chantry Park on Wednesday, August 25.
Another free event will be taking place at Ipswich Waterfront over the weekend of August 21 - August 22, as Ipswich Borough Council hosts the Summertime Ipswich festival.
Highlights will include appearances from everyone's favourite Marvel and DC characters including Black Panther, Iron Man and Wonder Woman.
You may also want to watch:
Those visiting Summertime Ipswich will also be able to enjoy live music, fairground rides and tuck into delicious food at the artisan food and drink court.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol